Before moving to D.C. for the semester, I knew I would like D.C. but I didn’t realize how much I would fall in love with the city. Aside from the exorbitant price of living, I can definitely see myself moving back here as a young professional. Listed & pictured below are some highlights of my time here so far.
- Went to a Washington Nationals game in late August – little did I know they were going to win the World Series!
2. Held Bob Boilen’s Emmy at NPR!
3. Walked around Georgetown and bought a cupcake from the infamous Georgetown Cupcakes
4. Visited Eastern Market, a beautiful weekend craft market featuring hundreds of vendors selling jewelry, art, home decor, and personal items
5. Explored Old Town Alexandria, similar to State Street, arguably a bit more historic and cobblestone-esque
6. Went to free yoga at the U.S. Botanical Gardens
7. Walked the National Mall at night and saw the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial glowing in the dark!
8. Walked through Chinatown in downtown D.C. and had some amazing pad thai
9. Went to the Supreme Court to witness oral arguments; saw Ruth Badger Ginsburg, a bit hunched over in her chair but as powerful as ever!! (you can’t take pictures inside the courtroom but I do have a picture of my mom and I waiting in line to go in from the outside)
10. Visited New York City for the first time!